Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake question for October LSAT

Jhollad20Jhollad20 Alum Member
in General 9 karma
So I just signed up for the Premium package, and I'm confused as to what my plan of attack should be. I took the June LSAT and scored a 164. I missed -1 in logic games, and -2 in one of the LR sections. The Reading comprehension section and other LR section made up the other misses, about -8 for both. I started doing the 7sage methods for studying before taking the lsat, specifically blind review and the method for LG. Im curious if I should go back through all the lessons, or if I should just get the practice test books again, and start going through the questions using the 7sage methods while for the most part ignoring the teaching materials. I had originally used powerscore method up until I finished the books, then I discovered 7sage's methods about 3 weeks before the LSAT, which is when I applied their methods. Thank you for the help

Comments

• Jhollad20Jhollad20 Alum Member
    9 karma
    I should add my goal is to score over 170 on this upcoming LSAT
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    I think it would be best to go though the whole curriculum before diving back into PTs. Also the Trainer is very helpful with RC and compliments 7Sage very well. If you haven't utilized the Trainer I think it would be an awesome pickup as you dredge the waters again.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @mpits001 said:
    I think it would be best to go though the whole curriculum before diving back into PTs. Also the Trainer is very helpful with RC and compliments 7Sage very well. If you haven't utilized the Trainer I think it would be an awesome pickup as you dredge the waters again.
    +1 to all of this. I'll just add that while you may have gotten -2 in one LR section, your real average is -5 in LR and the distribution could have fallen either way. For a 170+ on (on what will likely be a 101 question test in October with a -11 to -14 historic range for a 170) you need to ideally be -3 or less in every section besides LG (where you should be -0 to -1). The jump from 165 to 170 is pretty tough, but it can definitely be done in the time remaining before October.

If you're already skilled enough to get a 164 on a real administration, you should be able to fly pretty quickly through 7Sage's curriculum (definitely make use of the 1.7x speed as much as you can). I found that a lot of the LR work on 7Sage and the Trainer really helped my RC immensely without having to practice RC on its own, simply because of the emphasis placed on reasoning and argument structure.

Also, how many PTs have you taken and how many do you have left? And what are your blind review scores looking like? That will give you a pretty good idea of your current ceiling and where to focus more heading forward.
    9 karma
    Thank you for the replies, I wasn't planning on taking the LSAT again so I used up a lot of the PTs. I did probably 20 full Timed PTs total, from 51 to 71. That being said I did 62-71 the days before the test to prepare myself for the LSAT (one each day) I was going to order some new PTs (72 onward to whatever is available) to use as my diagnostics, so Im not sure what my plan of attack should be when it comes to PTs. I have some left before 29 but besides that I have worked through odd sections in numerous PTs to very few full practice tests remain. I was doing a different method before discovering 7sage which has caused this dilemma. I have some RC sections left as well as LR, but I did most of the LG except for the full tests before 29 I mentioned. Im assuming I would forget most of the material in 62-71 in a month or so, so they would seem like fresh tests, but to be honest I'm not sure how to proceed, I've dug myself a bit of a hole it seems. As for blind review I haven't started to jump back into LSAT studying. I was scoring around 170 on my timed full PTs the week before the test so I assumed I would get around that score, so I am just now making the decision to get back into study mode for october, so I just purchased the 7sage today.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If I were you here's what I would do: Get 72+ and save them for the last week or two of September. Go through 7Sage and the Trainer while taking about at least one PT per week to stay sharp on test day skills. Get some PTs from the 40s and mix those in with retakes from the 50s and 60s. Don't worry about retaking PTs, it's just a necessity at this point. The main difference will be that your BR score will be that much more important now since it will give you the most accurate insight into your skill level. And hit up the group BR calls at least once per week to sharpen your skills and learn from your peers.
    9 karma
    Sounds like a great plan, I'm already jumping back into the lessons and its serving as a great review. Thank you for the help!!