Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on chance of admission

Hello all. Just wanted to get some insight from other people. I'm trying to shoot for a local law school and hopefully, get in. I graduated undergrad in May 2020 with a 3.87 GPA. However, my LSAT on file is 150. The 25th percentile of the school is 151 or 152, cant remember at this moment, and their 75th GPA percentile is 3.6. I have letters of rec coming from prominent professors in their field and they are decently well known in the academic community here. Let's say my personal statement is well written and such. What do you think my chance would be of getting accepted? I don't care much for scholarship because in-state tuition is very affordable. Sure would be nice, but I do not want it to be considered for this situation. I simply want to see if people think I can get in. To reiterate:
GPA is 3.87
LSAT is 150
Law School's 25th LSAT percentile is 151-152
Law School's 75th GPA percentile is 3.6

Comments

• merkadoe10merkadoe10 Member
    11 karma

I'm not an admissions counselor, but if I had to guess, I would say your odds are about as good as someone who is around the 50th percentile in both gpa and LSAT. From a pure numbers standpoint, I'd say it's good that you're in the top 25% in regard to GPA as a way to offset being in the bottom 25% of LSAT scores. My only concern is that the LSAT from what I hear tends to weigh more than GPA, so your chances might not be as good as someone who has opposite metrics as you (top 25% LSAT and bottom 25% GPA).

Like I said though, I'm not an admissions counselor so take that info with a grain of salt.

• LawLessOneLawLessOne Member
    38 karma

Yes, I have thought about that also. If anything, might write an addendum about me wanting to remain in state to serve the undeserved ethnic community here. Most tend to work for the government after law school, but I rather do nonprofit work. Idk. I’ll decide after this August test