Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2015 OR October 2015?

alexlipton93alexlipton93 Alum Member
edited March 2015 in June 2015 LSAT 15 karma
Hi all,

I started 7Sage 3-4 weeks ago and I'm about 20% through the curriculum. Now that I'm on Spring break I hope to finish the rest of the curriculum in the next two weeks and then start with practice tests. But I'm not sure if I want to take the test in June or October. I intend to apply in the fall to enter school in fall of 2016

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    Take your time and don't rush through it... get ALL the concepts down before you move ahead... and work hard on Lawgic: causation- sufficiency and necessity... the lot of it. Best of luck.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    You have until May to sign up for the June LSAT, depending on your progress by May you should decide if June will work for you, if not take it in Oct. The more time you have available the better it'll be. Don't rush the course, spend all the time necessary getting through the course & don't forget to drill.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    As elm said there is plenty of time before you have to decide to sign up, and worse case you sign up and pay the $85 to just push it back to Oct if you need to(not that much $ in the grand scheme of things) Just keep at it and make sure you put the proper effort in...
    but UG is UG, as important as this test is focus on your grades (once you graduate its fixed and is very important) and have fun! LS won't be the same so try to enjoy your time in school and study in your extra time.... Law School isn't going anywhere and if focusing on grades and enjoying your experience in school means taking in Oct its not a huge deal bc its not really that late. Though it is possible you'll be ready anyway in June, again its far out so hard to say... I would not really even worry about this question yet
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Welcome to 7sage, @alexlipton93

It depends on what your goal score is and if it is achievable in the allotted time. This can only be assessed after taking multiple timed practice tests and seeing (a) your current score and (b) how fast your score increases.

Bear in mind that your score may not initially be as high as you want when you begin taking practice tests. Although you will have learned a lot through the 7sage course, it will take time and some practice tests to integrate the techniques learned into your method. Doing as many practice tests as you can, while reverting back to lessons learned when necessary, will be what makes the skills part of your process and your score increase.

Good luck!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Listen to @jdawg113 much better to save the LSATs study for summer if that means you're rocking Senior spring grades. I'm years out of undergrad and still have plenty of time to study for LSATs. What I do NOT have is the ability to go back in time and change the grades I got when I didn't know I would want to go to law school.
  • jdrobinsonjdrobinson Member
    4 karma
    Hey @alexlipton93 , I'm in the same situation, and have been advised by some trustworthy people that it wouldn't hurt to take both test dates. We would have plenty of time to work on the rest of our application between tests, and get our scores back from the Oct test in case we improved. If I'm reading the schedules at most of my target schools correctly, we could even still have time to be early decision applicants after the October test. I think having been in the testing situation once already would help me work on my test taking skills and weak points for the October date anyway. If this is unadvisable for some reason let me know, as I am already registered for the June test, but have planned out my time as if I am taking both test dates.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    I can't offer anything more than what everyone else has said. If you're applying for the 2016 cycle then it's always best to maximize your study time before the test. Lightly study the material, go over it a bit between assignments for school, then really attack it in the summer (maybe 1-2 weeks after finals week so you can relax, the LSAT is taxing). Study hard in the summer and up until Oct. You can also push the test to Dec./Feb. if you really wanted to, whenever you feel comfortable and ready to take the exam. Welcome to 7Sage!
  • kaylam28kaylam28 Alum Member
    125 karma
    I am in a very similar position. I was able to graduate college a semester early in December, but I am now working about 50 hours per week. I started the course about a week ago and am about 15% through the curriculum. I had been planning to take the LSAT in June, but now am hesitant because the course requires about 30 hours per week of studying to finish by that time, which seems like a lot for me. I think a lot of people had good advice when suggesting seeing where you are in May and making your decision then about if you are ready for June or if you should wait until October. That is my current plan.
  • Alexandra3-2Alexandra3-2 Free Trial Member
    74 karma
    I started studying for the LSAT. I was aiming for June, but I've decided to take the Oct 2015 LSAT for the fall 2016. This gives me 7 months to work on getting my goal score, recommendations and personal statements prepared.