Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing Sample Technical Problems w/ ID Verification

mortizomortizo Member
in General 7 karma

Hey everybody! So I planned on taking the writing section last Saturday so I booted up the writing simulation to familiarize myself with the program. When I got to the ID verification section, I couldn't get a clear picture of my ID on my webcam after trying to do so for half an hour. Since I didn't want to risk getting my writing sample canceled on the real writing test due to my ID being blurry, I waited until today to call LSAC's technical support line.

The representative told me to get a new webcam if I wanted to take the writing section which shocked me a bit as I was hoping they would have alternatives for issues like this. I asked if I could talk to a supervisor to see if I could escalate this issue but he told me that he will forward my request and told me to wait for a call back.

Has anyone encountered a problem similar to this? Will I have to just bite the bullet and spend money on a better webcam?