Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Dealing with PT pressure

edited August 2020 in General 375 karma

Hi! I do significantly better on timed full sections and drills than I do on full exam LR. I really feel like I choke under the pressure and find myself second-guessing questions which I should not be. Does anyone have advice for dealing with the pressure of a full exam?

Comments

• jbfclaw1jbfclaw1 Member
    127 karma

Hi -- I have the same troubles! I get super nervous on the actual test and really doubt almost every answer. What I realized is that 90% of the time, it's just test nerves.

Best thing I could say is TRUST YOUR GUT! Most of the times you will end up getting it right, and that doubt in your head is just your critical thinking skills doubting everything (which the LSAT wants you to do). If you can push past that, trust your instincts, and not get caught up on every minute detail, you will be great!

The way I see it, you might miss a couple on LR, and that's inevitable. If you accept that and have confidence in your skills, you'll feel much better on the full exam. Best of luck :D

• 375 karma

@jbfclaw1 said:
    Hi -- I have the same troubles! I get super nervous on the actual test and really doubt almost every answer. What I realized is that 90% of the time, it's just test nerves.

Best thing I could say is TRUST YOUR GUT! Most of the times you will end up getting it right, and that doubt in your head is just your critical thinking skills doubting everything (which the LSAT wants you to do). If you can push past that, trust your instincts, and not get caught up on every minute detail, you will be great!

The way I see it, you might miss a couple on LR, and that's inevitable. If you accept that and have confidence in your skills, you'll feel much better on the full exam. Best of luck :D

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. And glad to know I'm not the only one who experiences this.