Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much can I increase my score from 146

AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
in June 2015 LSAT 239 karma
I took my first LSAT practice blind, without reviewing any material. I Scored a 146. I have about 11 Weeks until the June 8th LSAT. I will be able to study a lot. I don't work full time and I will be able to devote 4 days a week to complete studying. I would be ecstatic if I scored over a 160. Does anyone think this is possible?

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    plenty... depends on determination/effort, only time will tell. I would try to study almost every day (day off here and there) and you will give yourself a solid chance and a solid score
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    You cam make a good increase by following 7sage methods and working hard... how much is subjective... your goal is definitely possible... but nobody can give you a set, quantified answer...
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    Could anyone tell me their increase from there first PT. Just for motivation/ examples
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    153 to 167 - I still feel that this was not my max as I ran out of time on the test and left a 7 question passage (my boneheaded mistake) but at the end of the day, that is the score I have on paper and though I badly want to give it my all ONE LAST TIME and get that 170... I won't be giving the test again as it got me where I wanted to be.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    unofficial diagnostic to my first official score: 136 to 160.
  • msoliviajmsoliviaj Alum Member
    53 karma
    @ddakjiking thats awesome - how long did you study?
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @"Stone Alexander" My diagnostic was a 147. I started studying in December and I am currently scoring in the range of 160-166, with a goal of 170+ for the October 2015 test. I think you can score well above 160, possibly in the high 160s or higher with a lot of preparation; however, in my opinion, 11 weeks is not sufficient for reaching your maximum potential. It takes time for the fundamentals to sink in and you will have to drill and take PTs for months prior to taking the actual test. If you are planning to apply to law school this upcoming fall, the October test is not late at all. You will get your score back in time to be a competitive applicant for all schools via RD and will be able to apply ED to schools (most schools' ED deadline is in November). You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving yourself an adequate amount of time to prepare for the test.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    That is a perfectly reasonable goal. Did you take the test timed? I took my first test timed, but that isn't necessarily reflective of how well you understand the language of logic. You definitely need to set your expectations high so as to avoid unknowingly compromising. Set a goal of 170 (if not higher). A 160 should not be your end goal. But 11 weeks is simply not enough, unless you're something of a prodigy. I've been studying about 10 months with about a two-month lapse period due to my wedding, honeymoon, et cetera. My first PT was a 150 and my latest PT finally reached the 170 mark - this even with not even NOTICING the final question on one section alongside a few other ridiculous mistakes. I'm going for as close to a perfect score as I can possibly get. If I fail to reach a perfect score, so what; I ended up trying my hardest and obtaining my best possible score anyway.
  • bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    181 karma
    My diagnostic score was a136. I'm now PTing in the mid 160s.

Take your time with every question; Speed will come to you. Also, burnout is real-- be sure to take a day off (at least) once a week.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Anything is possible with 7Sage!
  • edited March 2015 131 karma
    Possible? Absolutely. Will it take great determination, planning, self-discipline, and efficient studying on your part? Most likely more so than ever before in your academic endeavors.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Derek Kunhee Kim (김건희)" Word. My UG was notoriously ruthless and LSAT is much harder than anything I did in UG.