Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I successfully reschedule exam from morning to afternoon, then missed again

The key point is you can immediately rescheduled the exam time by chatting with live representative of ProctorU, do not try to email or call to LSAC, which is a recommendation if you want to reschedule immediately within this round, and also when the final exam time is not yet expired.

While my tragedy is,

I'm taking LSAT-Flex first time, I scheduled my August LSAT-Flex at 10:20AM PDT of Sep.2 which is today, though I'm personally at CA, my residential community is couple of miles away from the wildfire, that's the reason why when viewed the information about reschedule due to wildfire, I never thought I need to, and then is the nightmare beginning. I logged into the ProctorU around one hour earlier, and everything seems great, the timing clock counting well, when the time arrived at about 10:00AM PDT, I noticed the timing clock showed over 50 mins left, I'm curious whether they may change the scheduled time due to some reason? After ten mins later, I finally realized there is no internet because my other opened website showed so, even though ProctorU timing clock still counting. I started to repeatedly retart the internet and check out with Xfinity who said there is routine maintenance from 9:41AM to expected available until 3:30PM today, fine, no notice in advance as usual. When I fortunately connect computer via my hotpot from cellphone, the start icon disappeared.

At this moment, I'm kind of depression and almost cannot control my emotion, but my conscious told me it's not the right time, so I tried email LSAC firstly and keep calling them as well as tried to click the reschedule icon to find out available time, finally I tried to transfer to chat with ProctorU live representative through their chat window, and that's the right path. Christian is the live representative helped me to rescheduled another time for me at 3:40PM PDT immediately, and also told me if the Xfinity do not work as expected, the hotpot maybe fine as well. When story arriving at this section, there is only around 1 hour left for the new scheduled exam, I began to buy a couple of different extra data package for my cellphone from T-mobile (if someone knows which service provided by T-mobile is great for hotpot, please tell me, thank you so much), but no one good enough for the needed internet speed, still hoping Xfinity will back in time. BTW, I also called the nearby public library while they already closed at 2PM, and no one answer from the leasing office, then stay at home is the choice.

However, Xfinity did not keep it's promise whose notice changed to "back as soon as possible" when I check again at 3:30PM, and my hotpot was unable to support system running, missed the start again. When I chat with live representative again for this situation, due to I cannot promise when I can have stable internet before 4:00PM PDT today, though he can connect me with proctor directly, but the risk is the disconnection maybe at anytime after the exam start, my better choice is to request an extension from LSAC. This time I face the life. Ironically, Xfinity back at around 4:40PM, good for them.

Hoping this sharing is helpful for anyone needed, and good luck for you all. Still waiting response from LSAC either email or phone, thank you for your time.

Comments

• xwang2xwang2 Alum Member
    30 karma

Thank you for sharing this, and I hope everything will work out soon. After all this struggle, you will do great!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Can you tell me a little more about requesting an extension from LSAC? They told me today that if I didn’t take the test today I had to wait until October. I tried from 10:10 ( scheduled time) with many techs, restarts and going in circles with their tech team and couldn’t take the test. I did this for 2.5 hours. I then spent an hour on the phone with LSAC only to be told that I had to take the test today and start by 4 Pm. I re arranged child care ect and tried to start but ProctorU had to reschedule at 4. From 4 pm to 5:30 pm I went through the same circles again repeating the same steps over and over making no progress. I am calling LSAC again in the morning I don’t want to wait until October.

• youhou5youhou5 Member
    8 karma

@FindingSage said:
    Can you tell me a little more about requesting an extension from LSAC? They told me today that if I didn’t take the test today I had to wait until October. I tried from 10:10 ( scheduled time) with many techs, restarts and going in circles with their tech team and couldn’t take the test. I did this for 2.5 hours. I then spent an hour on the phone with LSAC only to be told that I had to take the test today and start by 4 Pm. I re arranged child care ect and tried to start but ProctorU had to reschedule at 4. From 4 pm to 5:30 pm I went through the same circles again repeating the same steps over and over making no progress. I am calling LSAC again in the morning I don’t want to wait until October.

Hi, there,the live representative only told me to contact LSAC for extension, and I suppose LSAC would view all relevant information within my ProctorU account? b/c he said conversation within chat window would support my request. While based on your description, seems like you do not have internet problem, so it's matter about the computer? I start to worry again, b/c I test the system instrument before exam for twice, both cannot find my RAM and CPU, and tech supporter said it's not a problem, as long as others tested well, and my experience is the first time, after click the start icon, then stopped at the system instrument test without any processing, even without chat window to ask help, then force to reload my page, told me missed the start; the second time, after click start, require me to download extension of ProctorU, which I download twice for each above precious system test, anyway, I click 'Here' to download, nothing happened, then click 'retry', nothing again, then click 'close', push me back to the very beginning without start icon again. May I know which phone number you contact LSAC, I was not lucky being answered.