Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many months of PT before first take?

gogo180gogo180 Member
in General 89 karma

Hi all,

I'm wondering how many months of doing PTs is optimal before taking the official test for the first time.
I've been doing PTs for a month now...
149 diagnostic pre-CC, 157 post-CC, plateaued around 165, then the past three PTs (36,38,40) I've gotten 178, 167, 169.
Biggest weakness is LG, averaging -4/test.
Goal is to break 173.

Comments

• 173orbust173orbust Alum Member
    183 karma

Is that 178 a typo and meant to be 168? If not, why do you think you scored so much higher on PT 36 than PTs 38 and 40. Had you seen sections/questions in it before taking it? Also, you'd probably be pretty close to your goal if you got LG to -0. Perhaps you should focus on that before taking more PTs.

• gogo180gogo180 Member
    89 karma

@173orbust said:
    Is that 178 a typo and meant to be 168? If not, why do you think you scored so much higher on PT 36 than PTs 38 and 40. Had you seen sections/questions in it before taking it? Also, you'd probably be pretty close to your goal if you got LG to -0. Perhaps you should focus on that before taking more PTs.

Nope not a typo. PT 36 was the first time taking another PT after a two-week break that was focused on just doing LG. I think it was luck, freshness of taking a PT after a while...I honestly don't know lol.