Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closing BR gap on logic games?

edited September 2020 in Logic Games 14 karma

Hi all! I'm looking for some advice on how to close the gap between BR and timed logic games scores before the October test. Under timed PT conditions, I might miss up to 4 or 5 questions while I'm able to go -0 redoing games untimed during BR.

Does anyone have advice on how to close this gap, or more specifically how to improve time management on logic games? I've been drilling games regularly and feel pretty confident but for some reason this section sends me into panic mode on practice tests (and the real deal) and my ability to quickly make inferences/set things up properly from the get-go suffers.

Thank you!

Comments

• emmacharleyemmacharley Member
    88 karma

I would definitely recommend writing down everything! Things that help me out are
    1. write down every inference you can make from the initial set up and add it into your diagram
    2. every time you come up with a possible solution during a question, write it down so that you can reference it later

Writing everything down helps to illuminate unnecessary re-work/thinking later o n!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

1) Consider reevaluating how you are doing games. When I used to try to draw out the game boards with all the possible worlds before answering the questions, I would get stressed about timing and end up rushing through questions and making careless mistakes. For me, letting the questions guide me was a much better approach. On the other hand, if you are letting the questions guide you and that stresses you out, try making game boards up front.
    2) If you do prefer letting the questions guide you - always do the questions that give you a condition before the general what could be true type of questions so you have a game board to work off of.