Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

School-Specific Letters of Recommendation: should it be done?

Noise DogoodNoise Dogood Core Member
in General 240 karma

(1) My professor asked if I wanted specific letters of recommendation written to law schools. Is it possible for a professor to write multiple letters of recommendation for me to upload to LSAC (to be assigned to different schools?)

(2) Is this a practice in law school admissions? LSAC’s guidelines indicate this is possible, but is this a practice that comes up with downsides? (like because this isn’t the norm, it might come off negatively or as collusion)

Misc:
LSAC guidelines seem to imply that a school-specific reference is done when your recommender is writing to their alma mater. But could if your professor just wants to tailor their letter to a school’s interest? And circling back to (1), can they upload both a general letter and a school-specific letter to LSAC? https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/credential-assembly-service-cas/letters-recommendation#:~:text=LSAC LOR Service&text=If you use LSAC's LOR,in your law school reports