Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would taking the October LSAT benefit me in any significant way?

I apologize if others have posted a similar question here before in regards to their own stats, but I don't have anyone to go to for advice about this, and am unsure exactly what to do.

After studying since April, I received my August FLEX score today of 167. Ironically that's exactly my 7Sage average, but in the past month I've been scoring routinely 169-172 range. I really believe that I could've scored a few extra points on LG if it wasn't for technical issues in the middle of the section that caused me to frantically go through Game 4. In other words, I believe I could score better, and I signed up for October knowing that I might have this feeling.

However, some of the schools I'm considering have 167 as above their medians, and my double-major GPA is a 3.99. Because of my GPA I was seriously looking into some of the T14s, with UVA being an absolute reach/'dream' school. I had aimed for a 167 when this was Georgetown's median, but see now that this has increased to 168. Bummer.

Regardless of this, there are many schools in the 14-30 range that are still very much desirable for me, including my undergrad, GW, which is ranked 23. I'm above the medians for each of these schools and am also very interested in them, too.

My question is this: if I was to forgo UVA in favor of submitting my applications as quickly as possible (submitting to Georgetown as the highest ranked school instead), does it even make sense for me to try the LSAT in October? I am signed up for it, but since university started I've been very busy and haven't really sat down for a practice test (I study on and off throughout the week). My greatest fear is that I somehow get lower than the 167 and it's going to ruin what is already a satisfying position now.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Comments

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

hi, congrats on your great score! i think that it is worth a shot to take it again, and if you feel that you did terribly you can always cancel it. but since you have been doing well and pt'ing higher i think it is a fair shot and you should give yourself that chance, bc in this case the what if is better than not trying for the fear of getting a lower score than 167. also, even if you did i do not think schools would look at it poorly

good luck