Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addendum??

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could get some insights on writing an addendum for both LSAT and GPA. On the LSAT side, I took it three times and I had some decently-sized jumps: low 160's to low 170's to 180 (thanks 7sage!!!). I've heard that in general, you should write an addendum for jumps >7 (my first jump was ~10), but some of my friends have told me that I shouldn't write one to save the adcomms some time because of the 180. Any other opinions here? I don't really have a reason for the jumps besides "I spent a lot of time studying." For GPA, I have a GPA that's below the median but above the 25th percentile for my dream schools. My transcript is mostly good except for two classes whose grades are really weighing down on my GPA. One of the classes, I don't have a good reason for getting a bad grade in - I just accidentally slept through half the final. The other class, I had a medical reason for doing badly on the final. Is it worth explaining the latter bad grade, or should I just leave it be? Thanks in advance for the advice!