Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GPA Addendum

GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
in General 1644 karma
Forgive me if this has been addressed previously, but I am looking for guidance in regards to a GPA Addendum. During undergrad, I had a couple things happen that had a part in my low GPA. The two most pronounced were a family tragedy and working many many hours in a family business to help overcome that loss of my father. I also have several instances that I can mention where my true ability as a student was evident when my life finally settled down towards the end of college. Right now, my rough draft is 2 pages double spaced. This feels odd because my personal statement is going to be required to be the same length. Can an addendum be too long? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• MisterMagicMisterMagic Alum Member
    89 karma
    I wrote one of these, it was as long as/longer than my personal statement. I was highly encouraged by the admissions rep to include it and be very thorough. I'll share mine with you if you'd like, just DM me.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Idk if there is a "too long" but I would try and make it as concise as possible. Get everything important in and no fillers
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Totally worth it... and as long as you are withing the guidelines for addenda in general set by the institution, you will be fine.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    edited March 2015 938 karma
    Yes an addendum would be very beneficial if you describe what happen to you. Law schools understand that sometimes life can get in the way. Also, a lot of law schools (if not all) like to see an upward or stead trend in the A's and some B's.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @christopherblair would you DM your addendum to me as well? Where did you apply and in what cycle?

Also OP: it depends on the school. I believe UT sets a limit of one page.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    An addendum will benefit you if it explains any increase/decrease in your GPA. Also, be very concise. Some schools have certain requirements of how long it can actually be so make sure you look that up first or call them to find out.