Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those testing FLEX, November and beyond…

garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
in General 186 karma

Holy test gods! I just completed the October-FLEX and it was an all-day affair. I’m being hyperbolic, but I did sit for much longer than I’d anticipated, so I wanted to do my part and offer some guidance:

1) When deciding on your testing time, allow much more time for the test than the 2 hours LSAC recommends! My test was scheduled for 9:10 AM. I did not get started (by no fault of my own) until 9:30. I got disconnected from my Proctor at the very end, and due to long help-desk wait times and other technical difficulties I did not “check out” until 4 PM! Which leads me to my next point…

2) Invest in an Ethernet adapter if you are using a device that lacks an internet cable hookup. I would not recommend relying on a WIFI connection for the test. I was hooked up using an Ethernet cable, and I was still disconnected numerous times. At one point, my computer completely froze and I had to restart it entirely. (For context, I have a highly functioning 3-year-old MAC. I think the plug-ins that enable screen sharing with the proctor are pretty intense. My tech had two open at once when the computer froze.)

Anywayyyyy, good luck ya’ll!

And to those who sat with me today: however you feel you did, pat yourself on the back for having gotten this far. You’re awesome.

Comments

• Tima1998Tima1998 Core Member
    24 karma

thanks for the tips! question: after letting the LSAC know that you have chosen to take the LSAT flex, when do they reach out to you with more information about setting up a time and all other logistical matters? it has been quite some time since I registered for the Nov flex but I have yet to receive anymore information about it.

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

@lovetimaa hey! they dont reach out to you to schedule until about two weeks before the testing week

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

also OP, thank you for the tips! and i hope ur test went well

• Tima1998Tima1998 Core Member
    24 karma

@legallytired said:
    @lovetimaa hey! they dont reach out to you to schedule until about two weeks before the testing week

great! thank you!!