Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A bit off topic but...

TheQueenTheQueen Member
in General 87 karma

...are the facts in the LR questions and RC passages true? I keep telling my friends fun facts that I learn from LSAT practice and I want to be sure I'm not spreading fake news. Of course I know I need to account for context, time of publishing, and writer opinion.

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

RC yes, LR I’m not sure- there might be both?

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Many things in RC are true since they come often come from actual publications. However, many scenarios in LR are completely false. My background is in linguistics, education, and international and comparetive cultural studies, so I can't speak for everything but many of the education passages are flat out wrong as are some science/medicine stimuli. I honestly think sometimes they are designed to trip up people with subject knowledge who try to apply it to the problem instead of using the internal logic in the question.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4306 karma

From LSAC

LR: “These questions are based on short arguments drawn from a wide variety of sources, including newspapers, general interest magazines, scholarly publications, advertisements, and informal discourse.”

RC: “Reading selections for LSAT Reading Comprehension questions are drawn from a wide range of subjects in the humanities, the social sciences, the biological and physical sciences, and areas related to the law. Generally, the selections are densely written, use high-level vocabulary, and contain sophisticated argument or complex rhetorical structure.”

I’d say you could find more truth in RC than LR, there’s no knowing what questions in LR a true or false.