Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Break Out of Plateau

xxb.weixxxxb.weixx Member
in General 16 karma

Hi all,

My initial diagnostic test was at 149 and I completed the entire LSAT Trainer curriculum and at the end of it I scored 160. I am having a hard time improving my score, consistently scoring 160-165 range. I get about 6-8 wrong in every section. I just recently discovered 7sage and have been kind of regretting not starting off here, and feel like I may have wasted too much of my time on the LSAT Trainer.

I have been foolproofing LG because I know that's the easiest to improve, and I do see improvements in my reasoning, but under timed conditions I'm not yet able to fully grasp the concepts and answer all questions correctly. However in BR, I can score around -2. Any advice on how to get quicker at thinking through and understanding LG would be great.

I'm not sure how to tackle LR and RC, so any methods or pieces of advice would be really helpful! I think figuring out a way to improve in these 2 sections can help me improve my overall score.

Ideally I'd like to score between 170-175 and I know I probably won't be ready until the next cycle of LSAT exams, but I'd like to gather as much info as possible to better map out a game plan. I appreciate all the advice in advance!!

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Hey @brittanyxwei I mentioned this I think on another post of yours, but not that you are in the 160's I really encourage you to take tests and then BR with a buddy also in the 160+ club. Ideally you can mix it up and have a few different buddies or groups of buddies you review with. Definitely keep fool proofing the LG. If you do not mind waiting a cycle you have plenty of time. You have already improved and enormous amount. The fact that you have done that without maxing out your score on LG is very impressive. Keep working hard! You can use the study buddy tool under the discussion tab to find a partner. I think I have some people that are looking for one for the November that approached me recently. I can try to connect you. What time zone are you in? I learned so much from my awesome study buddies and by the time of the test they helped me to shatter the 170 plateau I had reached.

• xxb.weixxxxb.weixx Member
    16 karma

@VerdantZephyr Hi, thanks for all your tips! I'll definitely try to put them to good use. I'm in California so PDT! If anyone who reached out to you is in that time zone I think a study buddy could really help. I'll definitely check out the study buddy tool as well :')

• Kris4444Kris4444 Member
    266 karma

I haven't done the LSAT trainer but I did originally start with Khan Academy and Barron's (it was the cheapest lol). Especially since you're preparing for next cycle and not the November Flex or anything, I HIGHLY recommend just starting at the very beginning with 7Sage's CC. This is what I did and I don't regret it at all. Because I already had a rudimentary understanding of the LSAT (I was PTing in the high 150s when I switched) I was able to absorb the CC content pretty quickly and I'd imagine it would be the same for you. It filled in all the holes left from previous studying, made the whole thing seem much more manageable and as @VerdantZephyr talked about, provided a great community to find tutors and study buddies. Good luck!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@nanabillan might want to BR with you, maybe the two of you could find a third that is strong in RC. @Constantine also was looking for study buddies for November. The others I know of are in Japan/Korea time here with me.