Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did it take you to finish LR?

I know this will vary for everyone since everyone is somewhat going about it differently, but I'm curious about everyone's experience in this section. I had to take a break so I'm not near finished, I moved onto LG which I'm almost done with and then contemplating going to RC or back to LR.

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4306 karma

I took my time and went really slow, so about 3 1/2 months for LR and then LG/RC in the same month.

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited October 2020 905 karma

5 weeks for me, but I worked on it every day (and it was over the summer) for as many hours as possible each day (min 6, max 12), trying to push for at least 30 hours of curriculum min a week (I never realized how much my note taking really slows me down! ... but it's also a bit of a memory device for me ... ). I tried to set 'chapter' goals for the day, to work on one or two (if "smaller"), often working a longer CC chapter for one day and then working the problem sets the next day and starting another chapter in the afternoon (I like this, to make sure that I could remember material from the CC). I didn't rush through it, though, I just set stiff goals in order to try to be ready for October/November testing. I was expecting it to take longer! That syllabus percentage 'clock' is quite addicting, however.

GRANTED: I'd already read the Powerscore books and the Loophole (I had just started to take some PTs, but couldn't stand timing imprecision from working with paper tests, so I decided to sign up for 7Sage (and suffer the LSAC prep plus fee additionally that I was trying to avoid). SO, I think I could move through section concepts at a faster pace, because I already had a foundation started/built to refer back to if something might have been confusing in the CC (without the additional background help). [As to that background info: it took me previously two months to go through all the Powerscore books and about two weeks for the Loophole (I had to go back to reread it, I think I had Covid when I first started it and the headaches made it difficult to really absorb, so I read through it again after that 'break' from material)]. I spent two months overall on the curriculum, and followed the syllabus mostly - I did jump ahead when doing the advanced logic to watch the Not Both v. Or videos in the Grouping games section, to keep that with the rest of that logic lesson.
    I also went back through during LG foolproofing and typed up my notes (first, to make an outline - practice this a bit, to be more fluid with it for classes. Second, to go back through the CC (in a way, since I didn't need to reread/rewatch most of the material to double-check my notes). It took me two weeks to do this (well, half the day foolproofing, the other half outlining), and most of it involved LR. So, round1: 5 weeks, round2: 2 weeks. It really is MOST of the CC!! It was so funny when LG was scheduled to take a little over a week, after spending SOOOOO many weeks on LR.

I also was worried about stepping away from sections while working on the others in the CC, so as I finished a CC section, working on the other two, I made sure to work on problem sets for types that appeared to be 'weak spots' from the first problem sets.
    Now that I'm 1½ months away from the CC, working PTs, I'm also able to see what I need to review or improve on. Yikes, I'm just not as fast at logic translation as I need to be (makes me wish there was another problem set LR category for pulling together conditional sets and causal sets).

I don't have a pre-law background, so I've been concerned about 'catching up' with philosophy/logic topics to achieve a high score.