Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling HELP!!!

gramos1793gramos1793 Core Member
edited October 2020 in General 26 karma

Just starting my LSAT studies and I've heard a lot of people talk about drilling sections. I don't necessarily understand what drilling involves and what's the best way to do it? Is there a specific method I should follow?

Comments

• Kris4444Kris4444 Member
    266 karma

I think it depends on where you're at. Have you finished the CC yet? If not, I would recommend going through the CC including the problem sets the come with it. Start off untimed and move to timed when you can get through an untimed problem set without missing any questions.

After the CC, take a few PTs before drilling to get a sense of what you should prioritize. I think at this point timed vs. untimed depends on you. I usually do untimed just because 7Sage's standard time is based on answering each question in the same amount of time which isn't how it works. For example, I don't want to do poorly on a RC drill just because I gave myself 8:45 when the passage was designed to take 12 minutes; that just seems like a waste of a drill to me. But if you feel confident in a certain area it can be a great way to challenge yourself and increase your speed.

In general, I found it helpful to use drills to focus on understanding everything and trusting that the speed would come as I improved my understanding. I also think drilling is one of the more personal parts of studying for the LSAT so you have to figure out what works best for you. Good luck! I'm happy to try and tackle any other questions you have^^