Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lsat flex score inflation/competitive cycle

Hi everyone,

Do we know for sure that there are issues with inflation for the flex? If so, how would you imagine this would affect admissions?

I am one LSAT point above several target schools’ medians (and slightly below median for GPA). What are my odds given a competitive cycle/inflated lsat scores?

Thanks,
P

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@"purple nurple" I do not believe there is inflation on individual LSATs, my understanding is that each test is scored on its own curve, but I think we are just seeing a lot more people taking it and applying. The number of high scores are probably up the most because people scoring at the highest levels are motivated to go ahead and apply. Those not scoring at the highest levels often decide to retake. So while 175+ scores are up more than double compared to applications from last year I do not think that there are more than double the number of people scoring that high on each test. It does mean that applications may be more competitive. Especially if you have not yet applied I would go ahead and add one to LSAT medians to build in a buffer for the extra competitiveness. It is going to be really hard to calculate anyone's odds if this trend of lots of extra applications continues. However, just because apps are up over 50% now does not mean they will stay at that level. They could rise even more or fall some later on. What it may mean is that while normally people would lack the time to get all the materials prepped and ready by October they have the extra time since so many people are either telecommuting or not working right now. It is just really hard to say, but regardless I would plan for it to be a bit harder than last year to enroll in any target school.

I imagine that the staff at 7Sage are beginning to get some additional insight into this. @"David.Busis" any plans to address this in an upcoming podcast?

• purple nurplepurple nurple Alum Member
    47 karma

Super helpful-- that makes a ton of sense...
    thanks so much!!