Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about postponing June 2022 LSAT for August 2022 LSAT and Application Cycle

Socrates Part 2Socrates Part 2 Core Member
edited April 2022 in General 70 karma

Hello, I quit my job in October and have been studying full time since for the June LSAT, however I was not at all consistent at first and am barely finishing up the core curriculum soon and do not feel like I will be ready for June so I am thinking of taking the August LSAT instead. However, applications begin a month after which leaves little time to prepare my personal statement and letters of rec from professors. Is it likely to hurt my chances if I don't apply within the month applications open this cycle? My undergrad GPA is not good so I am really relying on my LSAT score to get into schools (aiming for 168+, first pt at 155).

Would anyone recommend taking the June LSAT anyways just so I can see where I am at and know how to prepare for August?

Comments

• aheminger97aheminger97 Alum Member
    96 karma

We are in similar circumstances. My mindset is that sitting for June's exam will be good preparation for August's, and that (assuming I do better) showing gradual improvement in my score can only reflect positively?

Would definitely be interested in hearing what others have to say.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

From what I understand, not applying within the first month does not significantly alter your chances. If you apply more than two or three months after apps open, however, it will probably affect your chances a good bit. I'm not an admissions admin on the site, however, so take what I say with a grain of salt haha.

• JaylabilboJaylabilbo Free Trial Member
    10 karma

I am in your same position as well, I'd love to know the answer

• Socrates Part 2Socrates Part 2 Core Member
    70 karma

bump

• Socrates Part 2Socrates Part 2 Core Member
    70 karma

@aheminger97 said:
    We are in similar circumstances. My mindset is that sitting for June's exam will be good preparation for August's, and that (assuming I do better) showing gradual improvement in my score can only reflect positively?

Would definitely be interested in hearing what others have to say.

yes definitley what I was thinking might be good to gauge where I really am at, but I know schools look at past scores and that extra $200 makes me nervous haha