Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Education Addendum Warranted?

HLEGC.2003HLEGC.2003 Alum Member
edited October 2020 in Law School Admissions 257 karma

Hey everyone,

While I was still in undergrad, I attended a 3-week legal program abroad. On my application to NYU, I was not sure how to classify the institution, so marked it as "graduate," since I received ECTS credits that can be transferred to American law schools and the program was technically for law students. However, now I am realizing that in the country where I took the course, law degrees are considered Bachelor's degrees, so I am not sure whether it was correct to classify it as a graduate institution.

I already applied to NYU, but should I send them a clarification email or addendum explaining more about the program and why I chose to classify it as a graduate institution? Any insight would be appreciated.

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

That is a great question, and probably you need a professional to answer. You could submit this question anonymously from a junk email and see what they say. You could email the schools themselves or a similarly ranked school you are not interested in.

• HLEGC.2003HLEGC.2003 Alum Member
    257 karma

Good idea, I think I will do that. Thanks!