Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 February FLEX in APAC

JD__2528JD__2528 Alum Member
in General 93 karma

Hi guys, it’s my first LSAT (and FLEX) and I was just wondering why APAC region does not support February LSAT despite it being a FLEX version.

Does this mean as long as we’re taking the exam in Asia, we cannot register for it whatsoever (due to tech, IP reasons, etc)?
OR if we could make it to the test based on NA region time (which will be night time + in Asia), could we also just register for the Feb Flex?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@jasmine950925 the reason you cannot register for February is that LSAC only offers the LSAT to internationally based applicants a few times a year but offers the test in the USA many times a year. Despite the test moving online they have not changed this and do not appear to intend to. There have been conflicting answers from LSAC as to whether it is acceptable for internationally based applicants to take US Flex exams. October was the last international exam date and January is the next. You may be able to register for a US site/time and take it, but it's at your own risk. Ideally you can get ahold of someone in LSAC that says it is fine in writing so you're covered if you do decide to take the February exam. Another note, despite the fact that they offer separate exam times and dates for International test takers they do not offer great times for us here in the Asia Pacific. I'm based in Japan/Korea time and I had times between 5PM and 7:40 AM available on a Thursday/Friday. Taking it at 5PM at the end of the day decidely allowed a lot of stress to build up, which certainly make things harder for me. It also meant I felt compelled to take a day off work. If you are a full time worker make sure you are and to get the time off with only 2 weeks or so of notice.