Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you re-apply after being rejected for early decision?

a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member

I’m considering applying early decision for a certain T14 school. However, I’m still waiting on my October Flex score. I don’t think I did as well as I wanted to in October due to nerves, so I’m currently signed up for the January LSAT too.

If I apply somewhere ED and get rejected, can I re-apply in January with my new score? Would you recommend just applying in January? I feel like it’s such a gamble since it’s a little late in the game.

Delaying a cycle is NOT an option for me - I’ve already delayed two application cycles.

Thank you!

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Wait for your flex score then make a decision. If you get rejected you are done for the cycle (besides contesting the decision but I think it's extremely rare that a school would change a decision).

• 1952 karma

you should contact / look up your individual schools for sure. some schools have different policies than others. for example, northwestern says: "applicants who are not admitted through the early decision program may be held and evaluated again as part of the regular applicant
    pool." but i know that many schools (especially those that don't grant merit scholarships for ed) don't.

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

Thank you!