Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Strongly suggested" LSAT Addenda?

Just going out on a limb here... I presume that "strongly suggested" in the context of the application instructions means that you definitely should do it. The ask is to explain test history if submitting more than one LSAT administration (I have 3 - 166, 166, 171).

No marching bands (or anything of the sort) were practicing outside while I was taking the test. Nerves definitely played a factor though. Is this something that I should still write given that I don't have a ton to say? Or do I just write what I can about nerves being a factor?

Comments

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited November 2020 1116 karma

Hey! If your score had a significant increase (and 5 points is significant) and they strongly suggest it, you should write it. I would probably just keep it short (2, maybe 3 sentences) and say that you had an off day the first couple times, and that you continued to study and did better on take 3. This addendum probably won't "help" a ton (in that there was no aberrational explanation), but it is the truth, and does give some explanation, preventing them from using their imagination and creating a different story for how your score went up so much, which they'll appreciate

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

@rjp12345 Thanks for your input! Yeah what I have is 2 sentences. I think I just second guess myself because I would gladly provide one if asked for but I'm always trying to think if an admissions officer would say "sooooooo...why did you write this?" lol