Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many days to recover from burnout?

trishuestrishues Member
in General 130 karma

I am truly nauseated by the thought of looking at one more LSAT question.

I am a few days before the November exam (my first LSAT) and after a steady 6 months of studying with no issues..... I have hit a wall. I can't read a full LR question, I cant remember passages, and my scores on the past 2 PTs have been well below my average. I have genuinely enjoyed studying up to this point, and for some reason am totally disgusted by this LSAT right now.

I work a really demanding job, so took this week off using PTO to study before the test. I am wondering if I would be better suited to not study to ensure I am ready for Saturday. For those who have experienced burnout - how many days of break did it take you to bounce back?

Comments

• ColdBrew180ColdBrew180 Member
    edited November 2020 156 karma

I find taking 2 or 3 day breaks really helpful. I think you'd probably be fine not to study at all this week, maybe just do some logic games and a couple LR questions on Friday to keep it fresh. A lot goes on in our brain while we are resting and it's essential for making/restoring connections.

For this final week, don't push it too hard. I find it's helpful to take old LR sections and/or LG (ones I haven't already done) UNTIMED. Not worrying about the time allows me to fully visualize and understand what I'm reading. Focus on clearing your mind and not letting the LSAT control you. If you've been studying for months, you already know the material and you have all the tools in your toolbelt. A few days of cramming isn't going to change anything. At the end of the day a lot of this is mind over matter, so focus on staying calm and really understand what the passages/stimuli are saying.