Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A quick strategy I used to greatly improve my RC score, hopefully it will help someone else too

cjb297cjb297 Member
edited November 2020 in Reading Comprehension 43 karma

I wanted to share a strategy that helped my RC go from an average of -7 to -9 down to -2 to -4.
Firstly, you will need to allocate around two pieces of your scrap paper to reading comprehension.
The idea is to make a pretty detailed outline of the passage. Number individual areas with their paragraph number in the passage. Importantly, make notes for almost every new idea introduced (of course you can skip some obvious things at your own discretion but do not overdo this) and add in your own inferences as well.
This is a lengthy process that takes around 4-5 minutes on average. However, it makes answering the questions much faster and easier; so you will likely end up saving time.
This may sound rather obvious but it really helped me and hopefully it will help you too if you decide to try it! Good luck with your studies!