Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games Advice

alana.ac98alana.ac98 Core Member

Hey guys!
I'm really set on getting a 170+, but Logic Games have been really kicking my butt. I find myself not even being able to set up the diagrams correctly, which makes me lose time and accuracy on questions. Does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• HelloMotoHelloMoto Member
    400 karma

Hey! What really helped me initially to get a good foundation for games was the fool proof method and obviously the core curriculum. However, I was also aiming for a 170+ and some game sections/individual games would totally kick my butt. After that I really tried to improve my intuition and instinct. I did this by not even timing myself during games and forcing myself to make as many inferences I could upfront. During this period I literally just focused on making as many inferences I could after I wrote out the rules, then making additional inferences depending on the question. I felt like this really helped me whenever I faced an unconventional game or a harder game where I couldn't just rely on pattern recognition!

Hope this helped!

• alana.ac98alana.ac98 Core Member
    9 karma

Thank you!

• alana.ac98alana.ac98 Core Member
    9 karma

@"alana.ac98" said:
    Thank you!

@HelloMoto said:
    Hey! What really helped me initially to get a good foundation for games was the fool proof method and obviously the core curriculum. However, I was also aiming for a 170+ and some game sections/individual games would totally kick my butt. After that I really tried to improve my intuition and instinct. I did this by not even timing myself during games and forcing myself to make as many inferences I could upfront. During this period I literally just focused on making as many inferences I could after I wrote out the rules, then making additional inferences depending on the question. I felt like this really helped me whenever I faced an unconventional game or a harder game where I couldn't just rely on pattern recognition!

Hope this helped!

Thank you! I'll give it a try.