Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performing Under Pressure

HelloMotoHelloMoto Member
in General 400 karma

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to recommend a book for anyone who is worried about underperforming on the LSAT. I know for a lot of people January is their last shot to apply this cycle so I hope this recommendation helps. The book is called "Performing Under Pressure" written by Hendrie Weisinger and J. P. Pawliw-Fry. This book basically talks about how the people you see on TV that seem to be "clutch" don't have a clutch gene but probably utilize various tools to ease a high pressure situation. This book also explains various tactics/tools that can help you. This book has definitely helped me as I was definitely underperforming during the real LSAT vs practice tests - the real thing is a whole different beast for sure.

If you don't have a lot of time and don't want to go into the science of "choking" you can skip part 1 and focus on part 2 and 3!

Hope this book helps anyone!

Comments

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

@HelloMoto recommended this to me and I purchased the audible version very inexpensively. I have spent most of my time on the first portion as the theory and various examples and studies are fascinating! However; as he mentioned parts 2 and 3 are where all of the "meat" is and I will be spending my time learning these suggestions and putting them into practice. For anyone underperforming on the LSAT or even just moving from the CC to PT phase this is a very helpful book!