Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canceled LSAT on application

Do I have to include my canceled lsat on my application? Or do I only have to include my scored LSAT.

Comments

• HelloMotoHelloMoto Member
    400 karma

Honestly would like to know the answer to this as well. I have not been including it on the application since you need to include a numerical value into the slot and I didn't want to put "0". My personal feeling is that it doesn't really matter since they see all of your scores anyway but was just confused about that section of apps.

• yazminseyazminse Member
    193 karma

@HelloMoto yeah that what I thought too. But UC Hastings wants to write an addendum regarding since I forgot to include it.

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

i personally disclosed everything and left the score slot blank; the system automatically filled itself with "no answer provided."

i kept in mind that everything i disclose on my law school application could follow me at least until i sit for the bar: some states request for a copy of your law school application (e.g. colorado: https://www.colorado.edu/law/law-school-applications-and-bar-admission).

although i think the main purpose of this is to check and compare the character and fitness disclosures on both your bar application and your law school application, i did not want to misrepresent or leave out anything (literally, anything.. )
    frankly though, at the end of the day, i find it hard to believe that anyone would care about whether you have included a canceled lsat score or not on your law school application.
    law schools will get my report anyway and will see that "c" on file, but i saw no reason not to include it on my app.

good luck!

400 karma

@"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" Yeah it is definitely good to be safe and disclose everything. However, I find it weird that they don't provide a "cancel" option and the slot doesn't accept anything except a numerical value. Due to this I think you can definitely argue why you didn't put down a canceled score (didn't want to put a 0 in case they were averaging since schools do get an average score; not having a cancel option + having to insert a numerical value makes it incredibly confusing + didn't know leaving it blank was an option).

But you're right at the end of the day I am not sure why they would care. They see your entire history anyway.

@yazminse could you elaborate on that? UC Hastings is asking you to write an addendum because you forgot to include the score or because you have a canceled score on your report?

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Did UC Hastings ask for an addendum for a cancelled score?? I definitely have one but would just assume they could see it anyway on a score report. I guess I will just follow @"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" advise when doing apps.

edited December 2020 193 karma

@FindingSage @HelloMoto i emailed them when i realized that I forgot to include it and they told me to submit an addendum. But i dont know if my addendum has to explain why its cancelled or why I forgot it. They made it seem like it was the latter.

400 karma

@yazminse that’s kinda interesting. Was the space where you put your lsat information like one where they give you two slots (one to put in your month/year and one to put in a numerical value) or was it just a big blank space where you’re free to write anything you want. I may understand if it was the latter... if it’s the former I think you can make a pretty good case for yourself (I’m sure a lot of people have been confused in the past as well).

400 karma

Sorry for all of these questions lmao because I haven’t been disclosing my canceled lsat score on the “test results” section of my application when I wasn’t able to input a numerical value since I assumed they would just see my report anyways and now I’m getting paranoid lol

193 karma

@HelloMoto it was the section where you put the month, the year and the score. I tried putting the word "cancel" and it wouldn't fit. I also tried "can" but it didn't look right. I thought about putting xxx put the system doesn't allow that. So I just left it out and just included my scored one. The reason why I asked UC Hastings was because I had a nagging feeling about it and they told me about writing an addendum. I truly don't see what the big deal is though, they are going to get my scores regardless

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

@yazminse said:
    @FindingSage @HelloMoto i emailed them when i realized that I forgot to include it and they told me to submit an addendum. But i dont know if my addendum has to explain why its cancelled or why I forgot it. They made it seem like it was the latter.

@yazminse that's really interesting if they told you to include an addendum to explain why you forgot to include it (not why you have a canceled score on file).

@HelloMoto
    i think you'll be fine. yeah it's super confusing, and i'm sure you're not the only one. i was confused too, and considered putting in "00" or something until i found out that i could just leave it blank.
    did you have an lsat addendum? if you've brought up your "c" on there, that'll definitely make your app clear.
    if you did not, maybe send a quick email/call your school and see what they recommend.
    this definitely is not your fault (and i don't think it'll matter at all even if you leave it and not worry about it).
    darn that confusing lsac app system.

@FindingSage
    yeah, see if you can leave your score slot blank. it worked for me, and when i saw my "completed app," i noticed that it changed to "no answer provided" next to the test date that i canceled. i think this will look better than leaving out the test date that you canceled altogether, though i still think this matter won't be too big of a deal at the end of the day.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Thank you for your feedback!

193 karma

@HelloMoto @FindingSage @"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" update: mostly all of the schools i emailed said that they didn't care that I excluded the canceled score because they will see it was canceled either way.