Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application Timeline

grangel00grangel00 Core Member
edited December 2020 in Law School Admissions 49 karma

Hi guys. I am taking the LSAT in January, but am not looking to apply until next cycle (applying for fall of 2022). Is that too early to take the test, or will law schools be ok with using that score (granted I get one I want) for a fall of 2021 application? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited December 2020 905 karma

Your LSAT is good for 5 years.

So chances are, the schools will only look at you as being wonderfully thought out and well-prepared, taking the LSAT in advance of the fall application season. :) It might make you look better than someone who waits until the last minute to take the test in the fall/winter of application season!!

Plus, it gives you time to retake the test if needed. Even still in advance of applications opening in late summer/fall. And ... I even wonder if for Fall 2022, schools see a lot of students taking the pre-June 2021 test, since those tests will be Flex administrations.

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

you will be fine because your score will be valid for 5 testing years. https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/lsat-scoring

you have some time before apps open up for the next cycle, so i want to recommend that you take the test when you are ready and not take it for the sake of "experience."
    but if you're ready, take it!

good luck!!