Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Month

confusedbuckeyeconfusedbuckeye Core Member
edited December 2020 in January 2021 LSAT 10 karma

What is the best strategy for the final month? Looking for as much detail as possible.

Comments

• FaviPapi-1-1FaviPapi-1-1 Member
    313 karma

Here is quick answer: review all your past work.

LG/RC/LR: redo the challenging games and make sure your method is great...

Other than that, take just one PT in between the month, and BR it.

• yoderyoder Core Member
    60 karma

I'm doing 2-3 PTs a week (I'm not working at the moment tho so I've got the capacity to do this and meaningfully BR) I'm also drilling the hardest questions of each section.

I take notes on my mental state of being before and during each PT as well as what I did strategically (ie, if I skipped many LR questions and came back around, if I skimmed through the LG questions before deciding on creating scenarios, or if I skipped through RC passages to choose the most interesting one first)

This helps me to keep track of what is going on when I get my best results. When I take PT's, I don't usually follow the strict 60-seconds-only in between sections, so I am starting to do follow that strictly to better adhere to actual test day conditions.

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited December 2020 905 karma

Like the above(s) have said.

For me (I'm signed up for January also), this is my plan:

• review my notes (even re-read through books)
    • review my wrong answers - to 'cross them all off'
    • review and drill weak(/weakest) spots (really understanding WHY they're a weak spot)
    • continue to PT (I take one every-other-day right now, then reviewing every-other-day) - but as we're all different, this is just what I'm doing myself and you might prefer NOT to add in more PTs (or to do just a few).
    - I'm trying to finish the 80s tests before the end of December, so I can rework some of the 60s and 70s tests in January before the test (I've already done them, I'm thinking of them as 'memory checks' ... to see if I learned from my first attempt mistakes :p. And/or to just give myself a helpful self-esteem boost (albeit fake!) right before test day. Foolproofing-ish?
    - I'm saving C2 (which I've read is easy, and hoping this is correct!!) for a few days before the test - to have a fresh test checkpoint right before. I don't plan on taking the May2020 test. (It just doesn't have enough analytics yet, I'd rather practice on a test I've already taken ... imho).
    • I started to work more 'confidence drills' with LR test sections (some RC), to try to finish a section with 10-15 minutes left, to really force myself to speed-up on analysis and lose my self-doubt. It's amazing from a repetition point-of-view. Maybe a waste of precious time, but I like how it's testing my instinctive responses.

My weak spot is RC, so every-other-day I spend half the day drilling. I find it's helping me to work more 'confidence drill' style on the questions; to work FAST (I'm also trying to make minimal highlights / outline the organization in my head). I'm practicing relying on my memory more and thinking of how the passages act as big logical reasoning passages at the same time.

Outside of studying, I've upped my 'brain foods' consumption (more salmon, more nuts, more broccoli, minimal carbs (don't want to get sleepy!!)). I'm also hunkering down a bit so as (hopefully!!!) not to get covid (some of my nearby relatives have it pretty bad right now). I take a daily supplement (Life's Fortune) to balance my GF diet and some of 'the basics' (C/E/etc), and I'm thinking of adding in a brain-specific supplement also (ha! I just keep forgetting to investigate this). Especially with a month to go before the January test.

I swear, when it's over, I'm going to just SIT and do NOTHING for like an hour. !!! Or maybe go all-out crazy, since it's winter, and binge Nordlandsbanen and knit a sweater (oh party, and yeah, whatever, I'm weird!).

Good luck to you!

• confusedbuckeyeconfusedbuckeye Core Member
    10 karma

Thank you so much! This all has been so helpful!