Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Study Schedule Advice

ev_jr615ev_jr615 Core Member
edited December 2020 in General 66 karma

Hello everyone,

Coming to the community for some advice! I am planning on applying to law school November 2021 and have been studying since June 2020, with breaks in between and doing an internship full-time. My internship is transitioning to 20 hours per week until the end of January and I will be done with it then. Next steps after that is to find full-time employment to sustain me until Law School and study for the LSAT. For 2021 I am part of law fellowship that will be preparing me for the application process and they make us take the August 2021 LSAT and encourage us to to law school by November 2021. The fellowship will be providing a powerscore class from June- August; I have currently been using 7sage, Loophole and in the past Blueprint (not for me).

I was considering on taking the January 2021 LSAT but my score is in the mid-140s and want to get it at 165 for admissions. Do y'all recommend taking the test at least once before the August test date and push the January test date to February or April, or build up my score for the August test date.

I would appreciate any advice on how to schedule my studying! Thank you

Comments

• st_cupertinost_cupertino Member
    177 karma

I would go in with the mindset that you only want to take the exam once. I think you should wait until you feel 100% ready to take it. Even if you have score preview and end up being unhappy with your score, it will still show up on your score report that you cancelled it. It is much better to go in feeling 100% prepared in August and then if really needed, you have the cushion of the September exam. Best of luck on your prep!!