Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consistency in LR

I am having trouble with consistency in LR sections. Some days I will take a PT and go -3 to -5 on the LR sections, and other times (like today PT 84 section 2) I will get -12... I am wondering if anyone has figured out a method that helped them do constantly well in LR.

help

Comments

• amandapvamandapv Member
    45 karma

I totally get this, it was happening to me too. Whenever there was an "easier" LR section I would sail through but if it was a little bit harder I would get a lot more wrong.
    I found that consistency is a problem when you don't know why the right answers are right and the wrong ones are wrong. Especially for the harder questions (I'm assuming you're getting the easy ones right if you're getting -5 and -3), you need to really understand the stimulus and the ACs. If you find yourself relying on your intuition for most of the questions and can't pin point why you are choosing an AC, that shows that you are not at 100% understanding so you might actually be getting questions right due to luck and as a result you're not paying attention to them during review. The next time around when a similar but harder question comes along, you might not get lucky and get it wrong. Try maybe doing questions by type and isolating your weaker types. Then do hard questions of those and make sure you understand exactly why you got it right or wrong. Soon, your intuition will get sharper and you'll be able to handle anything they throw at you :)

• dremps44dremps44 Member
    25 karma

Thank you I appreciate your response! I think you may be right. Towards question 15+ I'll often find myself narrowing the ACs down to two options and then selecting one based on intuition, and then in BR I go back to those questions and have a difficult time figuring out if I was right or wrong. It's often only when I get the results and am able to see whether I got the question right or wrong, that I am able to see why I was right or wrong. Like I'm fully understanding it only once my suspicions are confirmed or denied if that makes any sense. I'll take your advice and start drilling my weaker question types! :)