Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feel like I am progressively getting worse at PTs

alienman1000alienman1000 Core Member
in General 135 karma

So lost. Been studying since like may 2020, 3 months ago I was getting 158 on my PTs. Now I am lucky to break 153. I feel like on specific sections timed and untimed when I do them seperate from PTs I am getting like 4-8 wrong on LR and like 6-8 wrong on RC but come my test I am getting more than 10 wrong on both. In my mind I feel like I understand the content better now than before and that my understanding of the test as a whole is stronger but not it looks like I'm progressively getting worse. I have been getting pretty consitently 152-154s for the past month.

My PTs aren't improving, I have been working with my tutor extensively and we have been working on my issues but my PTs are not getting better. Even though I am getting high blind reviews.

I have a few questions,
Does anyone know why/how I am getting worse?
Does doing like 2 PTs a week and reviewing said PTs actually help you improve or do you need to just drill concepts
How do I go about improving?

So drained and clinging to some motivation.
Thank you.

Comments

• mnkimmnkim Member
    137 karma

You're probably not getting worse. PTs vary in difficulty, and your weakness in certain types of questions or sections can be more exposed when difficult PTs target such areas. My advice to you would depend on your target score. But as a general rule, I would start by improving LG simply by drilling the LG sections in PT 1-35. Learn the types of inferences you should be making every single time you do an LG section. If your goal is to hit a 170+, you'll obviously have work to improve both LR and RC. But I found the jump in PT score after mastering LG to be a good confidence booster.

• sakethsaran1998-1sakethsaran1998-1 Alum Member
    246 karma

If you're scoring in the 150s I definitely wouldn't recommend taking 2Pts a week. You should be concentrating on drilling your weak areas and solidifying your basics. Try taking a week off and trying doing only the basics for a week. This really helps you get a fresh perspective. Also try a different tutor. A different approach can make all the difference sometimes.

• masimasi Alum Member
    170 karma

I had the same issue. I wast PTing in mid 160's around September and October time. By mid November and Early December I was PTing Mid 150's and low 150's. In my case I was burned out. Couldn't stand to do another PT because I was so unmotivated by the results. Took Two weeks off. Back at it now and I have actually improved. I started studying around May as well.

My suggestion take time off at least a week or two. If your going for the Jan exam, TAKE TIME OFF NOW!!!

Start again in Jan1'st or 2nd.

I have good feeling you are going through a burn out.

• AhmadinejadAhmadinejad Member
    46 karma

Probably burning out but also...did you do the core curriculum?