Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

international students T14 chances

hyowonbae9hyowonbae9 Free Trial Member

hi, I'm an international students from asia. I have some questions regarding t14 chances.
my gpa is both superior and above average, because i transferred from my previous school.
my previous school(poli-sci) : 4.24/4.5 - superior
my current school (econ) : 3.55/4.3 - above average

I'm curious about my chances of going into T-14. which score should i get in Lsat if i wanna get admissions from T-14?
thanks!!

Comments

• mnkimmnkim Member
    137 karma

I'm an international student from Asia as well (attending US college though). From what I've heard from some of my friends who have made it to, or are preparing for US law schools, and from what I've seen on online forums, I would aim for slightly higher than the median. 170+ should be the mindset you have going into prep - 171, 172 will probably give you a very good chance. It seems to be the consensus that T6 do care about whether you have that "superior" as your GPA so you might look to "make up" for that with a higher LSAT if you're interested. My friend with a GPA of "superior" was aiming for a 173 for Columbia, if that helps as a reference point at all.

• hyowonbae9hyowonbae9 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

Sorry for the late reply! and thanks for the thoughtful reply it means a lot to me :) btw, I'm curious whether you friend aiming for a 173 got into Columbia after all?

• mnkimmnkim Member
    137 karma

Unfortunately, he actually gave up after his first LSAT and applied to a domestic law school.