Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CAS GPA on Resume?

Hi, so my CAS GPA was about .06 lower than my GPA through my school. Which one do I put on my resume? I know they already have both

Comments

• TunaSpatulaTunaSpatula Member
    54 karma

You don't need to put your GPA on your resume at all. Law schools will see it on the CAS, so its just redundant to put it on the resume. Also as a heads up, just make sure that your GPA was calculated correctly.

• rb1010scmrb1010scm Member
    70 karma

@"Gregory S." said:
    You don't need to put your GPA on your resume at all. Law schools will see it on the CAS, so its just redundant to put it on the resume. Also as a heads up, just make sure that your GPA was calculated correctly.

I think it was because my school counts B+ as 3.5 and CAS counts it as a 3.33. I've earned a LOT of B+

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@rb1010scm I put the GPA I received on my transcript for my resume. I figured they already have my CAS GPA so it's fine to put what I actually got on my official transcript. My CAS GPA is also slightly lower than what I actually received from my university. It was fine for me and I got accepted into 2 schools so far so I think it's fine. If you're really worried, you can call the specific schools and ask, but none of them specify anything about resume GPA in particular.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

If you do choose to put your GPA on your resume, I would put the school's GPA. CAS GPA is only relevant for law school and when you write your resume you list the education you received and the institutions you attended and what you did there. Many people have multiple degrees from multiple institutions. We do not combine our GPAs or anything like that, but list what the GPA at that institution was. The point above about not listing your GPA on your resume is also a good one. They will see your CAS report and that is what they will use to calculate your GPA, so the long-lived debate about when, if ever, to put your GPA on a resume is kind of a moot point here.