Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Day Anxiety just seems inevitable for me at this point, and I don’t know what to do.

shannon_beaman1shannon_beaman1 Alum Member
in General 157 karma

I’ve had anxiety problems since I was 12, and have also been on medication for anxiety since then as well. Despite being on a medication, I still get anxiety during tests to the point where I nearly get sick to my stomach. The LSAT is the biggest test of my life, just like it is for many others. I have pretty much everything riding on doing well and hitting my target score. What can I do to lessen my test day anxiety? Is it possible for me to receive extra time or something? Is there a medication I should request from my doctor to help reduce the anxiety I have? I am just extremely stressed about this situation, and I haven’t even scheduled my test date yet.

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

You could probably apply for accommodations, though you'll need to check what qualifies according to LSAC and of course your doctor would need to approve. I would guess though that clinically recognized and medicated Generalized Anxiety Disorder may qualify you. If if doesn't, I don't know that there is much you can do other than complementary and alternative medicine things like CBD oil, meditation, calming scents or herbs, massage, or acupuncture. Given the duration of your diagnosis you'll know which, if any, of those things might help you. Take advantage of whatever is effective and feasible. Definitely get lots of sleep and keep your mind engaged and happy as much as possible leading up to the test.

I know clinical anxiety is a bear to deal with at the best of times, and I have a lot of respect for anyone with it that faces down a high stakes test like the LSAT while trying to manage it. It will make whatever score you do finish with all the more impressive. Best of luck.