Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice After Completing the Core Curriculum

Brian1597Brian1597 Member
in General 16 karma

Hi everyone,

I recently completed the 7sage Core Curriculum and was seeking advice on how to proceed with studying. On my first diagnostic test I received a score of 133. I first began the CC back in March of 2020, but was not very consistent in the beginning. I try to devote around 15-20 hours a week studying. It took me until the end of July to finish the LR part of the CC, as I did not really buckle down until the middle of April. While completing the LR section of the CC, I also read The Loophole in Logical Reasoning. I began the LG section of the CC in August and full-proofed every game offered in the CC. I finally finished the RC section of the CC at the end of December 2020. I took my first PT as a flex test (February 1997) and scored a 157 (-12/-7/-6 in LR/LG/RC). My BR score was a 169 (-8/-1/-3 in LR/LG/RC).

It is very obvious I have an issue with LR. I definitely have some fundamentals to improve on, as I believe I lost a good portion of the knowledge I gained from completing that section of the CC earlier in 2020. I've read that doing untimed sections may help improve fundamentals?

With LG, I used to be completely clueless. I think the CC has helped me improve tremendously, but I think I can do better. I feel like it may be a good idea to fool-proof the remaining games from 1-35, but if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

As for RC, I really feel like this section is a hit or miss. I did okay in my opinion on this pt, considering it was my best section while timed. I assume the only way to improve here is to just drill passages?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is how should I proceed now that I've completed the CC. I very much enjoyed the structure that the CC provided and I'm sort of feeling lost now. I don't think I have the time to take a PT every week nor do I think it would be useful for me to do that right now. I am beginning to wonder if perhaps I should redo the LR portion of the CC, but this time much more quickly. Does anyone have any thoughts on where I should perhaps begin? I know it sounds silly, I am just very confused about this whole drilling process. Also, I'm not out here aiming to get a 170 or anything, if I could get a 160 on the actual test I'd be ecstatic.

Comments

• sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
    936 karma

If you are shooting for a 160 you are in great shape already being at 157 on your first post cc test. Once you get more used to the timing you will go up from that alone. But the “easiest” way for you to improve your score would be to get LG to -0 to 2. I used the cc and 36-60 as drilling and foolproofed all of those games as well. I was similar to you with LG after 1-35 and doing LG sections up to 60 helped me get to around -2.

• Brian1597Brian1597 Member
    16 karma

@sheridjw said:
    If you are shooting for a 160 you are in great shape already being at 157 on your first post cc test. Once you get more used to the timing you will go up from that alone. But the “easiest” way for you to improve your score would be to get LG to -0 to 2. I used the cc and 36-60 as drilling and foolproofed all of those games as well. I was similar to you with LG after 1-35 and doing LG sections up to 60 helped me get to around -2.

I see what you mean. Thank you for your reply!