Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the Core Curriculum

SiliconJediSiliconJedi Member
in General 142 karma

Hi all! I'm just getting started on the Core Curriculum. In order to plan ahead, I'd like to figure out what comes immediately after the completion of the Core Curriculum. Do you head into the PTs right away -- or do you spend time doing more practice on problem sets from PTs 1-35 (esp. the Foolproof Method for logic games), in addition to the drills that are already part of the Core Curriculum? If it's the latter, how many weeks should one generally plan on spending on extra problem sets before doing PT 36 & beyond?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@SiliconJedi said:
    Hi all! I'm just getting started on the Core Curriculum. In order to plan ahead, I'd like to figure out what comes immediately after the completion of the Core Curriculum. Do you head into the PTs right away -- or do you spend time doing more practice on problem sets from PTs 1-35 (esp. the Foolproof Method for logic games), in addition to the drills that are already part of the Core Curriculum? If it's the latter, how many weeks should one generally plan on spending on extra problem sets before doing PT 36 & beyond?

In my experience, there really is no set time to take doing the problem sets and fool proofing. I think you should absolutely fool poof games PT1-35 before heading into PTs. However, I don't necessarily think you should set your goal as getting "XYZ" done before beginning your PT phase. I think it is better to think in terms of "Am I comfortable doing XYZ?" Essentially, once you know how to tackle the different games and question types on the LSAT, and are comfortable doing so, then I think it makes sense to head into your PT phase.

Take as much time as you need to fool proof the games and do enough problem sets to get you there. It might also be prudent to save some drilling material to drill weaknesses your BR uncover during your PT phase :)

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

To follow up on what Alex said, don't rush through anything. PT's and drilling are always going to be waiting for you after the CC. Don't rush through the CC in order to start drilling. You will expose huge weaknesses and you'll have to go back to the CC to touch up stuff you might have skipped over the first time through. Spend the time now to learn the content and concepts in depth.

Similarly, don't rush through drilling and start burning full PT's. Start with old sections and build up your timing. Develop a strong BR strategy. Go back and identify weaknesses and work on touching skills up that you might be lacking. Only once you have a strong foundation, will you see true benefit in timed PTs.

With all of that being said, there isn't a clear cut "schedule" to follow. When you feel you are comfortable with a certain "stage" in your studies, move on to the next. But it doesn't make sense for anyone else to tell you to spend "x" amount of weeks doing any particular task, because you may be stronger/weaker in that given area, and need a different amount of time to master it than others.

• SiliconJediSiliconJedi Member
    142 karma

Thank you both for the great advice! I'll work through the CC carefully, foolproof the LG and continue drilling until I feel comfortable, then head into the PTs.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@SiliconJedi said:
    Thank you both for the great advice! I'll work through the CC carefully, foolproof the LG and continue drilling until I feel comfortable, then head into the PTs.

No problem!
    Sounds like a plan. Also, I'm lovin your 7Sage name :)