Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing Sample

GHIGGINS154GHIGGINS154 Core Member

When do you do the writing sample? I'm taking the LSAT Flex on Sunday, but don't really understand the writing section at all.

Comments

• woods.tyler31woods.tyler31 Member
    49 karma

You should do it pretty soon after your exam, some do it before because it takes a little while to get approved and they will hold your score if you don't have one on file. They basically give you a prompt asking you to choose a side of something and argue why you chose that side.

• edited January 2021 85 karma

I found this PowerScore LSAT writing blog pretty useful. Hope this helps clear up some confusion!
    https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-lsat-writing-sample/.

You also don't have to schedule your LSAT writing on the proctorU website as you did for your scored sections. You just launch the writing exam straight from your LSAC account under the "LSAT writing" tab and it'll take you straight into the exam. Goodluck!

• teeeeeeeteeeeeee Core Member
    33 karma

I agree with @leehsaaaa that PowerScore article was a godsend. I hadn't prepared as per the directions of many other writers on various forums, but finding and reading through this article really helped me understand how to properly compose an argument and how to relay the choice that you make, including mentioning both the pros and cons of the side that your arguing for and the side that your arguing against.

• ___AZ______AZ___ Member
    87 karma

Thanks for sharing this! I have been trying to look on what prep people do, but doesn't seem to be much information out there.

• amanda.n98amanda.n98 Core Member
    65 karma

I agree with you ^. it doesn't seem like people talk about the writing section as much, maybe because it's unscored. so finding in depth info about how to prep has been a struggle.

• dutchiebrowndutchiebrown Member
    170 karma

I completed the written portion yesterday, it was pretty simple. Just remember the basics for writing, keep your argument organized and make sure it makes sense. Good luck yall