Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about post-PT studying

Hi guys,

I'm preparing for the January LSAT flex this upcoming weekend. I will also plan to take the April and July 2021 LSATs as well.

So far, I've been doing a lot of drills and untimed work, with some timed work intermittently. It improved my BR scores to be at/above the target score (173). But occasionally I rush the process and get a lower BR score. I've been doing this after the core curriculum up to PT 53.

I recently took several timed PTs (72, 73, and 82), scoring lower than my previous timed scores and BR. I'm not worried about the LG portion, but feel that I need to be doing much better in LR and RC. I'm going to stop taking PTs after PTs, as I feel that I'm not making the improvements that I am hoping for, particularly in the LR section.

I've heard from Josh's webinar series that one should develop a study plan after BR and analysis of the latest timed PT, to work on one's weaknesses. I've already used up PTs 7 - 52 and as I plan a set of drills for specific question types in LR, I'm thinking of drawing them from PT 54 - 56. Afterward, I will take a new timed PT (probably 74), BR, analyze, and drill the question types that I got wrong from PT 57 - 59. Repeat, hopefully, until a timed score of 173.

How does my plan sound ? Am I pulling from the right pile of PTs for drilling my weaknesses? In other words, should I solely be making drill sets from PT 1 - 35? Or, on the other hand, am I spending too much time on drills/untimed work and instead should be focused on doing timed PTs and BR instead?

All the best.