Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Signing for ultimate+

coralp17coralp17 Free Trial Member
in General 7 karma

Hi I am trying to sign up for the ultimate+ course and I'm seeing that it requires an LSAT prep plus for another 100 bucks. Can I not access the material unless I have the prep plus thing?

Comments

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    edited January 2021 815 karma

Unfortunately, LSAC has made everyone require a license who uses their materials. This includes the prep companies who previously used LSAC materials without requiring the members to have a license. Not sure if the prep companies had some kind of arrangement with LSAC before, but now its a blanket rule where anyone who uses LSAC materials is required to pay the $100.

The good thing about this is that you will have access to all the PTs ever made and can get familiar with the PTHub interface (where you would do the actual LSAT, if Flex). Also, pricing seems to be a lot lower now compared to before. Before, prep companies would sell you on the amount of PTs/Questions unlocked based on the tier you paid. I.e. 7sage had a starter, premium, ultimate, and ultimate+ packages with each tier giving the user more access to questions/practice tests. You could have been paying anywhere from about $100 to $800, depending on the package you picked. Now the pricing seems more fair across all prep companies because LSAC requires the licensing giving users access to all the materials.

So suck it up and pay the fee =)

• coralp17coralp17 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

This thing for me is that I already finished the majority of my studies, I am taking next month's exam and that's it for me I just wanted a little extra boost and to be able to take practice LSAT flex. Do you think it's worth it for just a month?

• Twix-LSATTwix-LSAT Member
    25 karma

I think its worth it unless you want to buy physical PT books

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

@coralp17 its worth it, as you can actually test on the platform you will be doing your LSAT on - PTHUB. When I first tried a test on PTHUB, it was totally different than 7Sage's PT interface. So it'd be like ~$150 for you to try all the newer PTs and get w.e. you need on 7sage's Core Curriculum to supplement your studies.

• dutchiebrowndutchiebrown Member
    170 karma

One way to bypass paying the additional $100 is to apply and be approved for a fee waiver through LSAC. They will include the LSAT Prep Plus along with your fee waiver.

• coralp17coralp17 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

Thank you everyone :)