Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to go through the CC?

in General 206 karma

Hey, if you've gone through all of the CC i'd really appreciate some advice:

1. How long did it take you to go through it all? Would you change that if you could go back in time.

2. Did you go through it in the order as it is listed?

3. Did you go through all the CC before you started taking prep tests and timed sections?

4. Did you solve all the practice sets at the end of each sections as soon as you were done with the section or did you leave some for later?

Also, to anyone: what do you think of the way I've been studying.

First go through the lessons and watch the videos (while taking notes). If there is no video I'd just read through the article provided. But if there is a video I do not read ( i found they usually cover the same thing. Should I be reading everything? )

Then, I try solving the practice examples alone and follow that by watching JY's explanation to all of the examples as I solve them to build the thought process and logic.

Finally, I solve all the problems sets. I try to take them all timed but if I find myself struggling then I will take a few untimed. I BR the ones I am doubtful off but I am not sure if I should be BR every single question. I then watch JY's explanation on the questions I got wrong. Should I watch all the videos?

Am I being thorough enough or an I skipping certain important things?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

hello @fmujahed00
    1-- it took me about 4 months to complete as I was finishing up my masters degree in economics.
    2-- yes I went through the CC sequentially.
    3-- I went though all the material before I jumped into timed practice sets and I recommend this because if you do not have all the basics down when PTing then the score is kind of pointless because you haven't been exposed/taught everything JY has to offer yet and the exams are a non-renewable resource.
    4--I did take all the practice sets at the end of the sections. I recommend this as well, because once you finish the CC and start Pting you'll have plenty of new problems to work on and won't necessarily need to ones in the CC to be 'fresh'.
    I like your approach, I wish I would have put more effort into BR because that is where the skill is built and arguable the most important part of the study process. If I would do it over again I would BR every single question in CC. Some people might say this is over kill, but for me BR is invaluable. Also keep a log of the question you get wrong or ones that gave you trouble, so you can reference them and work on them later, knowing where to put your effort and time is extremely important. I watched all of JY's video even if I got them right to see if there is a difference in his thought process than mine, or if I got the question right but for the wrong reason.
    You also have to feel out what you need. if you get weaken question perfect every time, maybe you do not need to spend as much time BRing those type of questions and your time is better spent else where, you ultimately know what your weaknesses and strengthens are.
    Best of luck to you in you LSAT journey!
    Kole

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

How long did it take you to go through it all? Would you change that if you could go back in > time.

It took me a year +, because I was working full time.

Did you go through it in the order as it is listed?

I went through it in order for the most part. I started with LR, but then I did LG and RC simultaneously.

Did you go through all the CC before you started taking prep tests and timed sections?

Yes. I finished the CC before taking timed sections and PTs.

Did you solve all the practice sets at the end of each sections as soon as you were done with the section or did you leave some for later?

I finished everything!

I think you're doing a good job studying. Watch the videos for the ones you got wrong and you want more clarity with. You don't need to watch everything.