Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Financial Analyst to Law school

CiiCii MambaCiiCii Mamba Free Trial Member
edited January 2021 in Law School Admissions 15 karma

Hi guy, a few years ago I attempted to study and take the LSAT, but ultimately I ended up no doing it. Ill just say I lost the motivation to do so. Now I currently work for NBC as a financial Analyst, I love my job and all that we do but I cant get the need to apply to law school out my head has it has always been my goal. my biggest concern now is what will the law schools think of my resume as it is build to gain a job in finance. I have worked both for JP Morgan, Comcast and now NBC universal and I have no Law experience. do you think this will hinder my chance at getting into law school. So far I have 2 degree with a year or 2 apart from different university BA in Psychology -GPA 3.2 from LIU and BS in Finance- GPA 2.9. And if you guys don't think I'm crazy what is a score I should aim for with those type of gpa and work experience .

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

If anything, you’re building your resume and getting real world experience. Law schools generally favor an applicant that has a strong resume which will go under your “softs.” If you really want to go to law school, you can start preparing for your LSAT and give it a go.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

I mean no matter what you should aim as high as possible on the LSAT. This will be a third career for me so, no you're not crazy. Your résumé in particular would be redone specifically for apps anyway, but your experience would be a plus not a hinderance, especially if your interest in law is financial, but even if it's not. You'r GPA can still get you into a T14 given the right LSAT score, and your experience will give you a boost as well. That said, if you have a strong desire to study law and keep thinking about it despite having an established career, I say go for it. Personally, I'd never want to wonder if I could have succeeded followed my dreams, and no one says you can't go back if you wanted to.

Also what do you think about GME?

• CiiCii MambaCiiCii Mamba Free Trial Member
    15 karma

@canihazJD thank you ! thats has made me more confident.. and what is GME, the game stop stock lol ?

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

Yes, Gamestop! Quite the ride yesterday.