Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing 2021

devandesai8devandesai8 Core Member
edited January 2021 in General 6 karma

Hi, I was wondering what everyone has been doing or has done in order to practice and prepare for the LSAT writing portion. Is there any practice materials you recommend?

Comments

• TheMommaBearTheMommaBear Member
    348 karma

I didn’t do any research or studying before my writing sample. I have to redo it today because I accidentally left my cell phone on the table (though it was on airplane mode) and I’m not stressed about it at all.

It’s a basic 4-5 paragraph essay. Short intro. Three pros for what you’re arguing, and discount possible arguments against. Another paragraph for the option you didn’t choose where you introduce pros but ultimately discount them. Short conclusion.

Just realize it won’t be deal breaking unless you really fuck it up, and that’s near impossible to do without trying. 😊

• edited January 2021 85 karma

I didn't spend a lot of time preparing for the writing section. I looked over this blog from PowerScore about a day or two before I took the writing portion. It's pretty straight forward. Hope it helps.

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-lsat-writing-sample/

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    905 karma

I have some of the 80s tests in printed booklets, so I looked at the writing sample questions in those tests 81-86 and researched a bit on IRAC / framing my argument outline.

I couldn't get the practice to work with the PSI program, so I worked a bit on paper and thought of how I would respond. In all, I practiced for just a few hours. Especially to be less verbose ... and to have my mind in a place for writing an essay. (I've been reading so many LSAT RC passages that I have been worried that 'writing style' will permeate both my Writing and my essays - yikes!)

There's a couple of LSAT sites that pop up in a search (Magoosh?? and Powerscore) that had some helpful recommendations, along with what little is on LSAC. They used the June07 writing prompt.

• devandesai8devandesai8 Core Member
    6 karma

Thank you guys, I was really stressing it but after reading your comments I am more confident I can do it