Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing Portion

sharinsasharinsa Core Member
edited February 2021 in January 2021 LSAT 45 karma

Hello! So it was my first time taking the LSAT exam so I did not have a writing prompt on file. I was curious about the scores. I know the scores are supposed to be released in a few days. How long does it take to process the writing portion? Also, I did buy the first-time test taker preview option but if I don’t like my grade and I chose to not save the grade, would I still be able to keep my writing prompt on file?

Thank you!

Comments

• TheMommaBearTheMommaBear Member
    348 karma

According to LSAC, your score will not be released until the writing portion has been approved. It will probably be 2-4 days from when you submitted it.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@sharinsa I don't know for sure, I imagine it depends on how many test takers there are and what percentage submitted writing samples, but my first take was in October and I took the writing later than I probably should have. I got my results 4-5 days after I submitted, which was a day or two after the initial release. I would think it would probably be faster for the January take. My guess is that there are fewer test takers and more of them already have a previous sample on file, but worst case I can't see it being any slower.