Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Bye 7Sage

This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
in General 815 karma

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my story and how its coming to an end. About 2 years ago I started my LSAT journey, thought this was a beatable test and gave myself two months to study. Fumbled hard on the real thing, I did not finish any section and remember circling "E" for probably half of the test questions.

That was a wake up call, I questioned my self worth and if I would ever be able to perform well on this test.

I gave up and worked full time. After working sometime as a supervisor in a warehouse, I realized I was working 60hr weeks and making a shitty salary and had no time for myself. I was stuck in the rat race for little reward. I didn't graduate top of my class to be in this position, I graduated top of my class to give myself the best shot I could to get into law school.

So I reflected on why I started my goal 4 to 6 years ago, and that was to get into Law school and make a difference in my community.

With this in mind, I quit my full time job to pursue studying for the LSAT. It was still a rocky road because I found I would burn out after studying 1 or 2 weeks.

But I kept trying and the longer I studied the more I saw patterns and the more I improved. I managed to eventually PT around 155, my goal score being 160+. With a daughter soon coming into this world, the January LSAT was probably my last shot before having to move on and become a father and take care of my growing family.

I finally completed the LSAT and had mixed emotions on how I performed. It felt easier than what I PTed, but after reading the comments online of people typically PTing 165+ saying it was difficult and it had weird questions made me question my performance. Although, since this being my last take, I never once thought to cancel.

This morning I checked my score and I got a 160, out performing my average PTs and enough to secure a spot in my top choice school.

Thank you 7Sage for being such a wonderful community and for those who are still on their journeys, find that reason why and once you do, it will keep that fire burning and should make the process much easier and enjoyable.

Good Bye 7Sage.

P.S. 135 --> 160 (25pt improvement) studying on and off over 2 years.

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Wow! that is Awesome, Congratulations!

• lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
    536 karma

how did you do it?

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

@"jackson.julien"

It was a weird process for me as I studied on and off over 2 years. I haven't even completed the CC, 100%. I left some of the harder drill questions at the end of each of the topics. But where I found most improvement was during the PT stage. During the last 3 months, I've done about 15 PTs. I only BR'd the questions I flagged. After each PT, I would look at my analytics and see which question type I struggled most with. Go back to review those questions, than go back to the CC and relearn the strategy/approach. I would then drill these questions.

I found I constantly struggled with SA, NA, and Flaw; so I worked on those the most for LR.

For LG, I struggled most with grouping games and worked on improving that.

For RC, I didn't really pay attention to my analytics and just tried different techniques; finally settling on LSAT Lab videos on YouTube which talk about PIVOT Points and Common Themes you can box specific RC passages in. J.Y kind of touches on this.

I also bought Ellen Cassidy's book The Loop Hole which helped me break down LR stimulus better. I didn't even finish that either (common theme here lol)...

But all in all, if I were to do it all again; I would definitely hire a tutor and/or go with a course where you have someone pushing you to show up and complete the work. As motivation was a big factor in why I kept studying on and off. I would also start PTing a lot earlier, there are over 80 PTs and you "wasting" a few right off the bat isn't going to harm anything. I wager most students studying for the LSAT do not even complete all of the PTs. The value in PTing earlier is that you can solidify which you already have studied, I would think of it as kind of a midterm or quiz of what you recently learned. This gets you acquainted to the test sooner, rather than later. Also this will let you know sooner which you need to work on. You can pretty much PT 35 to 50 while going through CC and still have close to 40 fresh tests in the bank for when you start to PT 100%.

Hope this helps...

• Dyg IshakDyg Ishak Member
    61 karma

Congratulations!! You’re an inspiration to us all - all the best!!

• gabby92gabby92 Member
    22 karma

congrats!!!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14008 karma

@This_is_Hard Congrats and farewell!

• IamKlariIamKlari Member
    19 karma

WOW! congratulations. thanks so much for sharing your inspiring story.

• Vivian77Vivian77 Yearly Member
    8 karma

Congrats! Thank you for sharing your story and farewell!

• 1952 karma

congrats!!!