Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April 2021 LSAT

After taking the LSAT for a third time and getting a stagnant score. I decided to take the test again in april aiming for fall admission still. Any advice?

Comments

• NyraA098NyraA098 Core Member
    28 karma

I will be taking the test for a fourth time in April as well, any advice would be helpful!

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    edited February 2021 730 karma

same boat. trying to foolproof games in 1-35 around 5-8 each but takes 4ever. Looking for something that actually translates into a score increase. One day I got 18/25 in LR..two tests later got 11/25. RC & LR have been so wonky and all over the place...so ... finally putting stock in LG...Idk hope it works.. looking 4 advice as well.

• itsraashiitsraashi Core Member
    4 karma

Following this thread - in a similar position and would like advice as well!

• muhammadhaq9891muhammadhaq9891 Live Member
    4 karma

following cuz I'm in the same boat

• 39 karma

I just wanted to share with everyone this small quote “success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out”. Although we may be feeling low because of our past lsat scores, we just have to continue on our path and not give up. Our time is coming and our efforts won’t go unnoticed.

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

@jenikajadouglas said:
    I just wanted to share with everyone this small quote “success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out”. Although we may be feeling low because of our past lsat scores, we just have to continue on our path and not give up. Our time is coming and our efforts won’t go unnoticed.

I'd like to add onto that the concept of "pounding the rock" -- it may well take 99 failed attempts at pounding a hammer into a rock before the rock finally cracks at the 100th blow. But when it does, it was not the luck of the 100th blow that did the job -- it was the cumulative effort of all the 99 previous strikes. So goes the LSAT.

• bensasounianbensasounian Member
    94 karma

Logical Reasoning: Get the Loophole and go through it THOROUGHLY, do not do more than one chapter a day to allow for spaced repetition and use Anki to reinforce key terms you have learned
    Logic Games: Foolproof?
    Reading Comprehension: I used LSAT Hacks seminar but honestly outside readings has helped, I have been reading nonfiction on a bunch of different topics, like Bill Brysons Short History of Nearly everything and The Body
    I was planning on applying to law school last year but after taking my LSAT and looking at my score I realized I have a long way to go so I think its important to acknowledge that if you need more time you should take it and try and switch up your study strategy, I study maximum 2 hours a day and the gains have been more than when I was studying 6.

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

@bensasounian said:
    Logical Reasoning: Get the Loophole and go through it THOROUGHLY, do not do more than one chapter a day to allow for spaced repetition and use Anki to reinforce key terms you have learned
    Logic Games: Foolproof?
    Reading Comprehension: I used LSAT Hacks seminar but honestly outside readings has helped, I have been reading nonfiction on a bunch of different topics, like Bill Brysons Short History of Nearly everything and The Body
    I was planning on applying to law school last year but after taking my LSAT and looking at my score I realized I have a long way to go so I think its important to acknowledge that if you need more time you should take it and try and switch up your study strategy, I study maximum 2 hours a day and the gains have been more than when I was studying 6.

For the RC science passages, someone suggested to me that getting a subscription to Nautilus would help (it's full of excellent science journalism, and helps for some of the physics and chemistry passages). Outside reading definitely helps in acclimating to the level of difficulty of passages in RC, as well as in practicing speed-recall.