Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Game to understand: Core inference LSAC expects you to know

kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
edited February 2021 in Logic Games 1687 karma

Hello, about a week ago I posed a discussion about my process on getting to -0(link below). Today I came across a game that is really good to know. PT 63 S2 G1. This is an IN/OUT game that has 3 questions that play on the same inference. This is the inference when in grouping games a category (group) is filled up all the other pieces have to fit in the other groups. To go -0 consistently I think we have to be sensitive to this rule every time we encounter a grouping game. This is a really easy game that you should be able to do in under 5 minutes, however, I would recommend doing this game and try not to think about the inference 'when one group is full then all the other pieces have to fit into the other group' and see how fast you can complete it, then do the game with the inference in mind, obviously, you'll be faster the second time because you will have already seen it once, but just think about that inference. I did this game with one game board and just moved the pieces around in my head. I also for all games, especially this game I would scan the answer choices before 'brute' forcing my way through them, the answers just pop for this and I recommend scanning the answers on each question before you start mapping the question, many time there is an obvious answer.
For those people who are just starting games or for those where you know you could improve in games I would recommend keeping track of all the games that gave you any sort of trouble and write why it gave you trouble after a while you will see a pattern and then you can attack the weakness and not let it trip you up anymore. I have a template of how I set up my google sheet(free to copy/use it) and my discussion on my process for going -0: here ---> https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/27505/link-to-google-slides-that-many-have-been-asking-for-i-explain-my-process-to-0-lg
I forget who, but earlier today someone posted about dreaming about logic games, this is one of those style games that I would think about in my head before going to be and sometime I would 'live out' this game in my dream.
I hope this helps someone, I posted it because I wish I would have known this and practiced this inference earlier in my studies.
Best of Luck,
Kole
--edit--
I don't recommend breaking fresh lsats but if you do not plan on taking all the PTs then here is a good game to know.

Comments

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

really good post

• CardsnHogzCardsnHogz Alum Member
    168 karma

thank you for posting. I want to read it so bad but doint want to spoil. but if it's like you say it may be worth skipping to sooner if its beneficial to my prep sooner.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

@CardsnHogz I do not recommend breaking new lsat exams for just 1 problem or something but if you do not plan on taking all of them then it doesn't matter. Or you could take this exam earlier in your PTs.

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

yess that game cracked in/out games for me pretty fast (grouping in/out used to be my weakest game type).

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

Thank you for sharing!