Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Tripped Up on Easy Questions

Lately, I've noticed a frustrating trend in LR when taking PTs. I'm consistently getting the "five star" curve-breaker questions only to get tripped up by easy questions (1-2 star questions) that for whatever reason just don't register with me. Not sure if I am overthinking, if it's a fatigue/focus issue, or if there is some fundamental gap in my understanding I need to fill.

Anybody else been through this? If so, any tips/tricks you learned to combat this would be much appreciated!

Comments

• It seems like an under-confidence error. Challenge yourself to predict the correct answer before attacking the answer choices during the first 10 questions. You might see a change in accuracy

• TheSwanQueenTheSwanQueen Member
    88 karma

Great insight, thank you! (I'm so underconfident I didn't even consider underconfidence as a possible cause, LOL!) I'll do some drilling with that predicting technique.

Thanks again!

• Benx4HT_Benx4HT_ Member
    34 karma

I feel the same way at times, almost like the harder questions are workable but the easier questions are almost too easy? I'll do well in later LR problems but circle back to the first 10 and be stuck on answers because I feel like they're too obvious, only to finish the test and blind review and find out that the answer I thought was "too easy to be right" actually was correct. I'm curious to see what tips you get & I hope you find a solution, this problem can be really annoying!

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

I agree with the above advice. I would also recommend taking an extra second to carefully read the answer choices as to not make a simple mistake as choosing an answer choice that is too strong or too weak, and other little errors that come with moving fast through the answer choices, I know that happened to me when i miss easy questions.